- Mike Geddes
- Ian Waddell
- Madeleine Wahlberg
- Is HS2 a defining issue for Jeremy Corbyn’s campaign?
- HS2 and the North-South divide: The mirage of jobs and growth
- HAS THE TGV REGENERATED FRANCE’S PROVINCIAL CITIES? WHAT ARE THE LESSONS FOR HS2?
- HS2 – a divisive project of a divisive government
- Labour should reconsider its position on HS2 say councillors
Monthly Archives: March 2011
The Secretary of State for Transport is fond of casting the debate about HS2 in terms of the reactionary NIMBYs along the route versus the progressive citizens (especially business people) in the North who can see how high speed rail … Continue reading
A recent report by the Smith Institute with PwC and Newcastle University questions whether HS2 is a priority for the North of England. The report confirms the serious and long-term nature of the North-South divide, and says it is likely … Continue reading
The information which the government has produced for the public consultation on HS2 provides new evidence on its impact on the North-South divide. Philip Hammond is still adamant that high speed rail will reshape our economic geography, regenerate our urban … Continue reading